The International Initiative for Impact Evaluation (3ie) promotes evidence-informed equitable, inclusive and sustainable development. We support the generation and effective use of high-quality evidence to inform decision-making and improve the lives of people living in poverty in low- and middle-income countries. We provide guidance and support to produce, synthesise and quality assure evidence of what works, for whom, how, why and at what cost. 3ie is registered as a non-governmental organisation in the United States. It has offices in New Delhi, London and Washington, DC.
The Policy, Advocacy and Communication Office (PACO) has the primary responsibility for developing, managing, monitoring and learning from the engagement and evidence uptake and use requirements in 3ie impact evaluation and systematic review grant-making. The team anchors 3ie’s internal and external communication, including the production of knowledge and communication products.
3ie is looking for a dynamic, self-motivated person who is passionate about producing high-quality evidence products for use in international development. S/he will be an excellent organiser, able to manage work within and across teams of colleagues. S/he will enjoy working at a fast, deadline-driven work environment and multitasking. The editorial associate will work in New Delhi, India, and report to the head of PACO.
The associate will report directly to the PACO director and will be responsible for a variety of tasks outlined below and will provide project and information management support to ensure the timely, high-quality production of evidence and advocacy documents and other products, as well as support the project work supervised by the director.
2.1 Main areas of work :
- Maintain, manage and improve systems to ensure on-time, high-quality editorial production of all types of 3ie editorial products;
- Maintain the PAC information management system for grants management responsibilities and project tasks;
- Collect, format and finalise team information needed for internal and external, including donor reporting;
- Organise and manage MIS tools to improve team management and work on deliverables, including business development;
- Keep all publication-related templates, standard information and guidance documents up to date and improve as needed;
- Work with the publication design and formatting staff to provide guidance on content as needed;
- Select high-quality, compelling, ethical and legal photos for all products; and
- Provide administrative support to the director on scheduling, travel, filing, research support and other administrative duties as assigned.
2.2 Editorial production system management (30-50%):
- Maintain and improve the PACO editorial management information system for organising, scheduling and producing all of 3ie’s evidence and knowledge products;
- Coordinate with offices and staff to determine the annual, quarterly and weekly production pipeline and disseminate the tracking reports;
- Manage the editorial production budget, reconcile quarterly and contribute to budget exercises as needed;
- Maintain the 3ie freelance editor and proofer rosters;
- Schedule freelance editing and service proofing according to agreed timetables;
- Ensure editors and proofers have adequate commissioning briefs and adhere to standard procedures for completing the work and billing 3ie;
- Select appropriate, high-quality, legally sourced photos as needed;
- Provide guidance on content to the publication design and formatting staff when needed;
- Copy-edit database summaries and product descriptions, liaising with report leaders;
- Manage contracting and billing; and
- Maintain existing PACO information on the 3ie MIS.
2.3 Project management (30-40%):
- Provide project management support for all PACO-led projects and business development;
- Provide simple information and literature searching and reporting that supports PACO work;
- Contribute to and finalise donor reporting by tracking and verifying assigned donor indicators; and
- Provide other project management support as assigned.
2.4 Administration (10%):
- Provide other PACO administrative support as assigned.
2.5 Other tasks :
- Contribute to PACO M&E and reporting and annual donor reviews as required; and
- Contribute to ensuring that 3ie communication is unbiased and gender sensitive.
3. Qualifications and skills
3.1 Education and work experience:
- Minimum is a Master’s degree in a field relevant to international development. Certification in development project management (e.g. PMD-Pro) is desirable;
- A minimum of three or more years of relevant communication and project management responsibilities requiring the use of recognised project management tools, such as logframes, Gantts and budgets;
- Experience working with Excel for data management related to project management and tracking deadlines and deliverables is required and Access experience is desirable;
- Demonstrated knowledge of the international development sector, major actors and how the sector works through education and work experience; and
- Work with an international development agency or development NGO in India; foreign developing country experience preferred.
- Exceptional English-language writing and editing skills;
- Exceptional project management experience, such as proposal generation, work breakdown plans, budgets, reporting, risk registers. Working knowledge of Asana, MS Project or other work planning online tools is desirable;
- Advanced knowledge of all MS Office 2010 or 2013 applications, with particular experience in advanced use of Excel for project management;
- Proven ability to multi-task, support multiple team members working to different deadlines;
- Proven ability to work independently and work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented team;
- Must be able to work well in a fast-paced, multi-actor, multiple deadline environment with a minimum of supervision;
- Must like to take the initiative and problem solve;
- Must be a team player who is committed to working together for institutional, as well as individual, goals; and
- Ability to work well in a multi-cultural work environment spread over three offices on three continents.
4. Eligibility :
The successful candidate must be a resident of India and have the right to work. 3ie is an equal-opportunity employer committed to equality and diversity. We do not discriminate based on sex, age, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation or being differently abled. We particularly encourage women, ethnic minorities and differently abled persons to apply.
5. Terms of employment:
3ie offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications within the applicable salary scale for this position.
6. How to apply:
Please apply by e-mail to (firstname.lastname@example.org) mentioning ‘Application: Policy, advocacy and impact editorial associate’ in the subject line.
The application package must include the following:
- A cover letter, not exceeding one page, highlighting your experience relevant to the terms of reference. A summary on your CV is not a substitute.
- Curriculum vitae (not to exceed two pages);
- Name and contact information for two references; and
- One writing sample to demonstrate your experience in the field.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling shortlisting through 2 July 2018 at 09:00 IST. Incomplete submissions will not be considered. We will only contact shortlisted candidates.
Job Email id:email@example.com