Job Title: Fundraising and Marketing Director
Reporting to: Executive Director
Based: Dharavi, Mumbai (India)
About Reality Gives:
Reality Gives is a community-based education NGO founded in Mumbai’s Dharavi (one of Asia’s largest slums and home to over a million people) and Sanjay Colony (a slum community in New Delhi). We envision a world where underprivileged communities have equitable access to opportunities and resources, and believe education is the most powerful tool people can use to break the cycle of poverty.
Through our school, youth and sporting programmes, we have reached thousands of children and young adults since 2009. We are a young, dynamic and diverse team of 55 staff, coming from four different countries and a range of career backgrounds including the education, business and social sectors.
The selected candidate will play a key role in the development and implementation of Reality Gives fundraising and marketing activities, to secure funding for program work and build the profile of the organisation in India and abroad. They will be the face of the organisation: bringing energy, ideas and innovation and helping us develop and expand our work in Mumbai, Delhi and beyond.
The preferred start date is September 1st 2018.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Acquisition: Research, initiate and develop funding partnerships with domestic and overseas corporates, embassies and consulates, schools and universities, high value individuals and fundraisers. Writing and presenting proposals will be a key part of this.
- Donor Management: Maintain long-term funding partnerships by engaging and inspiring existing donors (through a combination of reporting, visits to RGi locations, and reward and recognition (R&R).
- Events: Manage and execute a small portfolio of fundraising events (including but not limited to our participation in the Mumbai Marathon).
- Ambassador Program: Develop Local Fundraising Groups in India and abroad.
- Networking: Maintain effective networks with all principal supporters and stakeholders. Take on an ambassadorial role on behalf of the organisation, identifying and attending events, and presenting to interested groups.
- Administration: Undertake all required fundraising administration, from maintenance of donor management files to bespoke donation acknowledgement such as thank you letters and phone calls.
- Merchandise: Manage product strategy and coordinate sales of a small portfolio of merchandise.
- Strategy: Create, lead and manage our online and offline marketing strategy.
- Social Media: Manage all platforms and content writing.
- Digital: lead and maintain updated website.
- Offline: Design and produce marketing and promotional materials in-house (Annual Report and other brochures).
- PR: Manage incoming journalists and photographers.
- Internal Communication: Train and monitor managerial staff on presenting up-to-date information about Reality Gives programmes. Support education ground-team in promoting our activities in the local community and increasing beneficiary outreach.
- Excellent English skills (oral and written)
- Ability to speak Hindi is desirable
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- High confidence with networking and relationship building
- Ability to think commercially and work towards financial targets
- High standard of computer literacy (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Creativity, proactivity, and the ability to multitask independently
- Experience managing and developing others
- Experience using design software (desirable)
- Capability to work in a young international organisation with people from varying backgrounds
- Leadership skills
- At least 3 years of experience in a comparable fundraising and/or marketing role
- Experience in developing relationships with diplomatic, corporate and trust partners
- Trust or corporate marketing/sales, including market research, campaign development and branding
The salary for this role will be between Rs. 65,000 and Rs. 80,000 per month, dependent on experience.
Please email your CV and a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org with the heading “Fundraising and Marketing Director”. For further info, please visit our website at www.realitygives.org
Job Email id:email@example.com
Download Attachment:17967364_2018 Fundraising & Marketing Director Job Vacancy.pdf