Reports to: Sr. Manager- Training
Location: Ahmedabad/Delhi, although the job will involve travel to projects on a regular basis.
Salary: Salary offered at Sense International India is equivalent to market rates within the development sector. However, offers shall be based on salary history, relevant experience and qualifications of the individual.
Nature: The post is contractual in nature. This is a renewable contract of 2 years (inclusive of 6 months probationary period).
Hours: 44 hours per week (Including Lunch Break)
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POST:
There is a broad scope to this post within Sense International India. In line with strategic plans and policy guidelines of Sense International India, the person will work under the Sr. Manager- Training, implementation and monitoring of agreed objectives/issue with project partners. S/he will also participate in and contribute towards development of wider institutional strategy. Apart from the above roles, the post holder will have an opportunity to increase their skills and develop the job. Sense India is an equal opportunity employer and qualified persons with disabilities and women candidates are encouraged to apply. Sense India’s policies and procedures reflect our commitment adhering to child rights and protecting children and vulnerable adults from exploitation, neglect, violence and abuse.
The position requires supporting partner organisations through training and skill building activities. Executing content support and monitoring quality of services at partner organisations across the country. The position also necessitates building content knowledge within organisation so as to be the knowledge leader within deafblind field.
A. SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
I) Working With Partners on Deafblind Content Issues
- Identifying training needs of an organisation through appropriate mechanism and regular consultation with partners and stakeholders
- Develop, design and coordinate a comprehensive training package for skill building of staff in partner organisation
- Hands on training to persons with deafblindness, educators/field staff at project sites on need based deafblind content issues
- Actively support persons with deafblindness in identifying and participating in a wide range of enjoyable, stimulating and purposeful activities that make for a good quality of life
- Follow up with partners with training, materials, literature, action plan and other partner support activities related to deafblind content
- Document and report changes among field staff in partner organisations
- Support partner organisation in developing appropriate training packages
II) Programmes related activities - Content Support
- Undertake sensitisation/ training sessions on deafblindness and multi-sensory impairment for wide range of stakeholders
- Prepare annual training and event calendar for Sense International India based on both organisational and partner needs
- Support in developing, organising, and coordinating appropriate training courses modules
- Compile, develop, and design appropriate training manuals, course descriptions, and training curricula for other related organisations
- Monitor and review the outcome and impact of various training programmes
- Support in developing training strategy of the organisation
- Document and report various programme activities
- Contribute to regular case studies of persons with deafblindness from project partners
- Support in research work in the field of deafblindness and Multi-sensory impairment
iii) Other requirements
- Support report writing by providing appropriate and timely information across the organisation
- Collate and draft content matter for in-house publications
- Respond appropriately to requests on content issues made to the organisation.
- Support in monitoring and evaluation of training services of other agencies and partners (qualitative and quantitative)
- Coordinate with team members and other departments on content issues
- Provide content support to the networks of adult deafblind people, their families and teachers
- Support in overall administration and smooth functioning of office
- Maintain a data base of training requirements and courses conducted and designed
- Willingness to learn to communicate with persons with deafblindness
- Any other work as agreed with line manager
B. PERSON SPECIFICATION:
- Ideally a Graduate and having diploma or higher education background in the field of disability such as in Deafblindness, Visual Impairment, Hearing Impairment, Mental Retardation and Multiple Disabilities.
- Should have prior experience of working with children, especially with early intervention/education group (0 – 6 years) and young adults with disabilities for two years
- Should have experience of organising trainings programmes in association with various partners
- Willing to travel 8-10 days a month within India
- Able to analyze data and situations and adopt effective course of action
- Relate and interact successfully with persons of various social, cultural, economic and educational backgrounds
- Operate a computer and MS Office programs
- Takes initiative and offers new ideas
- Keep up to date developments in the field by reading relevant journals, going to meetings and attending relevant courses
- Good interpersonal skills to work with people at all levels
- Written and spoken communication skills in Hindi and English, knowledge of regional language will be added advantage
- Problem-solving and negotiation skills
- Able to manage time and meet deadlines
- Able to facilitate groups
- Good personal presentation
- Personal commitment to improving one's own knowledge and skills
Compensation & employment:
Sense India is an equal opportunity employer and qualified persons with disabilities and women candidates are encouraged to apply. Our policies and procedures reflect our commitment to Child rights and Child and vulnerable adult’s protection.
How to apply: Please send us your updated resume along with suitability note in one file (single word document only) for the position of “Officer- Training” at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention “Officer- Training” in the subject line. Last date for sending applications is 30th June 2018. Considering the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. For more information, please visit our website www.senseintindia.org
Job Email id:email@example.com
Sense International (India) is the only national organisation established in 1997 (Regn # E-11279) to ensure that all deafblind and multi-sensory impaired (MSI) children and adults have access to education, advice and support that will enable them to exercise their right to be full and active members of society.
Deafblindness is a very complex and isolating disability which makes deafblind and MSI people the most marginalized and poorest people. There are an estimated 500,000 deafblind people in India; the majority receives no support at all despite the increasing number of deafblind services in the country. Sense International (India) being the leading organisation in developing programmes for deafblind and MSI people, enables and empowers local partners in providing direct services to the target population, as the result of our efforts, there are now 57 deafblind programmes in 23 states of India. Almost 70 % of deafblind population comes from rural areas generally from economic weaker sections of the society with the income of less than Rs. 20,000 per annum. Most of the parents of such children are not able to afford education/ specialised services.