Ipas Development Foundation (IDF) works to increase women’s ability to exercise their sexual and reproductive rights, especially the right to safe abortion and contraceptive services. IDF seeks to eliminate unsafe abortion and the resulting deaths and injuries and to expand women’s access to contraception, comprehensive abortion care and related reproductive health information and care. Towards this, IDF works in strengthening training systems, s
ervice delivery of comprehensive contraception and abortion care, and access to these services within the public health system, with the aim of making a positive impact on the health of women in India. IDF’s program currently spans 12 states to include the states of Assam, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Meghalaya, Odisha, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, and West Bengal.
Ipas Development Foundation (IDF) has been rated among “India’s top 10 NGOs to Work for” by Great Place to Work® Institute. This recognition is a testament of the organization’s high-trust, high-performance work culture.
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
IDF seeks to hire a Director- Advocacy and Communications, to be based at New Delhi. The position reports to the Executive Director and is responsible to provide strategic guidance and technical assistance for the organizations’ policy, advocacy and communication activities in India.
The position is responsible for developing and implementing strategies to improve the enabling environment in support of women’s ability to exercise their sexual and reproductive rights, with a focus on abortion care as well as contraceptive access. The position requires working with and representing the organization with senior government officials, civil society partners and media.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The responsibilities of the Director-Advocacy and Communications will include the following:
Policy and advocacy:
- Develop the strategic vision and manage related activities for defined areas of the organization’s policy and advocacy work.
- Strengthen the organization’s strategic presence in the national reproductive health and rights agenda and ensure continued inclusion of abortion as an agenda in the maternal health and family planning dialogue at the national level. A significant component of this would be based on ongoing amendments to the abortion law.
- Work in collaboration with the program team to advance policy initiatives at the state level.
Management and implementation:
- Manage and implement activities and projects in defined areas of expertise, consistent with organizational priorities, desired results, and high standards of quality.
- Coordinate with donors and other national and international stakeholders for strengthening the organization’s efforts and brand equity.
- Monitor expenditures, as required, for specific projects or grants.
- Maintain liaison with government officials, development partners, NGOs and other key stakeholders to advocate and build support for policy reforms and programs that maximize impact and resources to further women’s reproductive health and the mission of IDF.
- Represent IDF and advocate for women’s reproductive health and rights at national, regional and international conferences and events.
- Manage engagement with traditional and social media based on organizational strategies
- Explore opportunities to use media for advocacy, and correct representation of issues of women’s reproductive health, focusing on access to safe abortion services, expanding contraceptive choices and other related issues.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Candidates suitable for the position:
- Advanced degree in Social Sciences, Communication or Public Health.
- 10+ years’ of relevant work experience in the area of policy advocacy and communications preferably in the reproductive health sector with national / international NGOs.
- Established linkages with civil society, women groups, media and other relevant stakeholders.
- Excellent understanding of the public health system and prior experience of engaging with senior officials in the government health system at the central and state level.
- Demonstrated technical skills in areas of responsibility including content development and media management.
- Ability to represent the organization on external platforms.
- Proven experience of successfully managing external communications for organizations.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English and Hindi.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Willingness and ability to travel as may be required.
Interested candidates with relevant experience may e-mail their CV, covering letter (along with current/ last drawn salary and expected salary) to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 19, 2018.
Your CV must be accompanied with:
- Cover letter justifying suitability for the position – role fitment based on present & past work experience.
- Current/last drawn compensation & expected compensation.
- E-mail subject line to state the position name and location of work.
- CVS WITHOUT COVER LETTERS AND COMPENSATION DETAILS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- IDF management reserves the right to modify the contents of this position description at any time.
- IDF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further clarifications, please contact Sector Access at 011 – 46860000 between 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM on weekdays.
Job Email id:email@example.com