The Government of India has proposed “Atal BhujalYojana (ABHY) -National Groundwater Management Improvement Program” with support of World Bank aimed at sustainable ground water management with community participation in over-exploited and ground water stressed areas in seven States (Gujarat, Haryana, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh). ABHY, a unique Central Sector scheme with digital application for Groundwater recharge, estimation and budgeting with a total outlay of Rs. 6,000 Crore for 5.5 years
Duty Station:Kolar, Karnataka
Tenure:Initially for 6 months and likely to be extended
Age:Maximum 40 years
Educational Qualifications :
Post Graduate in Sociology / Rural Development
At least 4 years experience out of which 2 years shall be in the field of sociological aspects for water resources/natural resources management projects and having excellent record of organizing and coordinating trainings
- Establishing effective working relationship with Gram Panchayats (GPs), different water user groups, SHGs, Taluk Office, District office and various line departments, and so on, for preparing the water security plans at Gram Panchayat level.
- Collection, compilation and analysis of secondary and primary data related to demographic details of the village, local infrastructure and institutional information, surface and groundwater sources, availability, quality, utilization etc.
- Preparation of water security plans in the prescribed formats as per the time schedule that will be mutually agreed.
- Support in developing tools and methodology for water security plan of project areas and lead the team to execute in the planned manner
- Coordinating the activities with other team members of professional staff for the services to partners.
- Building capacities and organizing workshop for GP Members and community in the villages, by organizing water budget workshops on supply and demand sides of water resources, water quality, sustainability, water security including maintenance of the assets created under various schemes and programmes for water resources conservation, development and management.
- Salary will be based on qualification, experience and performance in the interview
- Good communication and presentation skills in English. Preference would be given to Candidate who can speak, read &write Kannada language.
- Please send your profile / resume and application to the Executive Director, AFPRO, 25/1A Institutional Area, D-Block Janakpuri, Pankha Road, New Delhi – 110058 or email to email@example.com.
- Please apply on or before June 7, 2018.
- Interviews will be held during 14th to 16th June, 2018 at Bangalore
Job Email id:firstname.lastname@example.org