Centre for Environment Education (CEE) is looking for ‘Park Manager’ for Sundarvan, Nature Discovery Centre at Ahmedabad.
Sundarvan, a Nature Discovery Centre set in the heart of Ahmedabad, is a unique facility of the Centre for Environment Education (CEE). It has been categorized as a mini Zoo, by the Central Zoo Authority (CZA). Sundarvan plays a very crucial role in sensitizing and creating appreciation for wildlife, specially the lesser-known animal groups such as reptiles, amphibians, insects, spiders, etc. To know more about Sundarvan and its activities, please visit www.sundarvan.org and https://www.facebook.com/sundarvan.cee/.
CEE was established in 1984 as a 'Centre of Excellence in Environmental Education' of the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC), Government of India.
Essential qualification and Experience
- Masters Degree in Life Science with at least 5 years of relevant experience
- Prior experience working in zoos/captive breeding centres/rescue centres.
- Familiar with Indian Zoo Rules and other Central Zoo Authority guidelines
- Good written and verbal communication in English (knowing Hindi/Gujarati preferable)
- Computer knowledge (MS Office, research and social media handling)
- Good Management, networking and team work skills
- Zoo management (supervision of day-to-day zoo activities, record keeping, communication with Forest Department(s)/Central Zoo Authority, etc)
- Designing and development of educational activities and material
- Assistance in conducting educational activities
- Development of proposals
- Networking with other institutions/partners
- Excellent team building skill to coordinate with internal and external stakeholders.
Consolidated Salary: Rs.40,000 to 50,000 (indicative salary, to be finalized based on Interviews)
More Details: Visit: http://ceeindia.org/?q=opportunities and apply online.
Applications received through online process are only valid.
Last date to receive applications: 30 June, 2018