Cividep India is a labour support NGO based in Bangalore which focuses on workers’ rights and corporate accountability. Cividep works for empowering workers in sectors such as garments, leather, electronics and plantation.
The Senior Field Coordinator, based in Ambur, will lead all field activities in the leather sector. The work involves field research on working conditions, organizing training programmes for formal and informal workers, networking with other civil society organizations and trade unions. Female candidates are preferred, but male candidates can also apply.
- Coordinate all field activities in the leather sector in Ambur.
- Oversee the functioning of Workers’ Resource Center in Ambur and provide guidance to field team.
- Coordinate field research including interviews and surveys with workers and other stakeholders such as trade unions and government officials.
- Organize and facilitate periodic training programmes for workers on gender and labour rights.
- Draft training reports and weekly work reports
- Meet officials from government bodies/agencies in Tamil Nadu, such as the Labour Welfare Board, Unorganized Workers’ Welfare Board and Labour Department
- Liaise with other civil society organizations and trade unions in the region
- Communicate with and send regular work reports to Project Coordinator
- Supervise and monitor Field Activists and provide guidance
- Master’s degree in related field or its equivalent (e.g. social work, NGO Management, Social Sciences, Development Studies)
- More than 3 years of professional experience, including in areas relevant to gender, workers rights, community organizing etc. Previous experience of leading a team of field workers is an added advantage.
- Understanding of the relevant issues and experience working with civil society organisations, key affected communities.
- Knowledge of labour law and human rights is preferred
- Excellent communication skills in Tamil and English with good report writing skills
- Excellent inter-personal and team management skills
Up to Rs. 32,000 per month based on qualification and experience
Please send 1) CV, 2) writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: Apply before 20th July 2018
Job Email id:email@example.com