Job title : Finance Coordinator (Accounting Compliance)
Grade : 5
Location : Head Office (New Delhi)
Reporting to: Director- Finance & IT
Reporting from: Accounts Officer
Jal Seva Charitable Foundation (JSCF) is registered in India as a not for profit company under Section 25 of the Companies Act, 1956. JSCF is an associate member of WaterAid International and uses the brand name ‘WaterAid’ in India. WaterAid‘s mission is to transform the lives of the poorest and most marginalised people by improving access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene. WaterAid India’s goal is to “Make Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) poverty history in the country”.
WaterAid began working in India in 1986. WaterAid India (WAI) focuses on the poorer states in the country to better target India's most vulnerable communities. The head office is in New Delhi. WaterAid India also has Regional Programme Offices in Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Hyderabad and Lucknow. We currently work in 11 states in the country.
WAI’s Programme focus in the next five years is on promoting and securing rights and access to safe water, improved hygiene and sanitation for the poor in particular through direct services and millions more through our influencing work.
To ensure timely month-end closing of book of accounts/yearly closing, statutory compliance, banking automation, and digitalisation of vouchers for all states
Financial Management & Planning
Support providing a dashboard to the management highlighting costs and ratios thereby advising on productivity metrics and cost inefficiencies
Establish accounting systems and culture to ensure
- Books of accounts (Head Office and Regional Offices) are updated on regular and timely basis by handling all activities of the monthly and yearly closures
- Verification of payment processing for legal and accounting issues, month-end checklist, and timely closures
- Internal control systems at the Head Office and Regional Offices for payments, procurements, and fixed assets management
- Review and updation of existing financial manual through financial monitoring of the processes of Region Offices;
- Ensure that all third party accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis
- Responsible for day to day administration of GAS (Global Accounting System);
Web banking automation and maintaining bank relationships for Head Office and Region Offices
Compliance & Audit
- Ensure complete and timely compliance to RoC, Income Tax, FCRA and other applicable statutory regulations;
- Manage the Statutory audit for the organization which includes, developing ToR of the audit firm, liaise with the auditors and ensure that the audit is closed on time;
- Provide necessary support during internal audits;
Ensure audit preparedness by
- Digitalisation of finance data
- Physical archiving by handing over of list of files verification of physical data storage by the vendor
- Retrieval of data (both soft and hard data)
Ensure payroll and statutory compliance by doing the following:
- Monitoring of timely TDS deduction and deposit & ensure timely filing of quarterly returns of TDS
- Coordination for providing the data to the vendor
- Receiving, distribution, and resolving queries related to form 16A
- Closure of queries
- Signature digitalisation
- FCRA return filling
- Ensuring timely signatures and timely submission
- Ensuring timely processing of TDS and PF submission, as per GOI timelines
- Assist in formulating budgeting protocols;
- Follow up with the RM team to ensure that Grant incomes are received on time;
- Undertake pre-funding assessments for potential partner NGOs;
- Review partner assessment reports received from other regions and highlight concerns, if any
- Undertake partner monitoring visits and submit report on review findings
- Support the grants team in preparing donor financial reports;
- Support during Grant audits;
- Liaise with WA UK and other federation members for settlement of their account;
- Prepare and circulate Finance MIS to Country Management and the Senior Management team
- Orient the staff (both finance and non-finance) on the finance policies, systems and procedures;
- Prepare and share the Budget Vs Actual statement with Budget holders on a monthly basis;
- Ensure that enough liquidity is maintained at all times both at HO and RO level;
- Ensure timely disbursement to Partner NGOs and various ROs;
- Participate in the procurement meetings;
- Maintain a database of exchange rates
4. Eligibilities and requirements
Education & Experience:
- Qualified Chartered Accountant or MBA (Finance) from reputed university/institute with experience of 5-6 years of relevant work experience in similar organisational/functional context
Qualified Company Secretary with an experience of 10+ years
- Familiarity with SUN Accounting system;
- IT literate and have good knowledge of Excel, Word & Power point (MS Office in general)
- Hands on operational knowledge of working on/customising accounting softwares/packages
- Experience of developing and using monitoring and reporting systems
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse team environment
- Highly numerate, strong accounting knowledge, and analytical/problem solving skills
- Ability to coach both finance and non-finance people on financial topics including budgeting & internal controls
- Fluency in spoken and written English and vernacular language
- To apply please download the attached application form. Kindly note that ONLY applications submitted on WaterAid's standard application form will be considered.
- Please mention in the subject line “Finance Coordinator (Accounting)”.
- Please save the application form with your name and position, you have applied. Completed applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Closing date: 21 July 2018
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be intimated of the interview.
WaterAid is an equal opportunity employer; women and the differently abled are particularly encouraged to apply.
Kindly see the attachment for application form.
Job Email id:email@example.com
Download Attachment:19398639_WAI Application Form.doc