State Programme Manager - Ranchi (Female Candidates only)
1. About the organization:
Rainbow Foundation India - aims to protect, care for, educate and empower our most disadvantaged children. These include children who live on city streets; orphaned, abandoned, and violence-affected children; working children; children of farmer suicide and starvation families; and children of sex workers. We strive to ensure that these children access their rights in loving, open and safe residential care homes in government schools and buildings; and for them to grow into happy, responsible and caring citizens.
2. About the Position
The State Programme Manager will be overall responsible for the functioning of the Rainbow Homes program in the state. The position provides overall leadership in terms of Program quality, Advocacy, fund raising and partnership management along the multi-disciplinary team located in state office of Rainbow homes program. The SPMs’ primary task is ensuring the quality of the programme by working together with the City level Network and NGOs and also to ensure safe childhood of vulnerable children. The SPM shall work with wide range of stakeholders including concerned Government agencies like Education, Child and Social Welfare Departments. Other stakeholders include Corporates, Civil Society Organisations and other likeminded NGOs. Negotiating with the concerned Government and other stakeholders for the Expansion and establishment of new homes is also another task of State Programme Manager.
3. Key Responsibilities
• Develop effective & collaborative partnerships with the Government state departments and implementing organizations at the state level
• Facilitate development of strategic plan for the state program and corresponding Annual Program Plans & Budgets
• Regular Capacity Building and Monitoring of the implementing partners and Rainbow Homes to ensure quality program for the children as per the defined standards of care.
• Ensure timely submission of reports and other required donor services as per the donor specific needs.
• Advocacy & Network building at the state level with civil society organization & Governments and other stakeholders for expansion and consolidation of the program
• Identify local level opportunities for Fund Raising and work together with National Office to actualize the Resource Mobilization plan
• Leading the state team for inter department collaboration for effective functioning of the state team
• Identify state level team training needs & undertake capacity building program with support from Head office as well as local resource persons
• Plan and support the visit of Donors and other stakeholders to Rainbow Homes
• Overall administration of the state office and associated functions like finance and fund raising
• Accountable to the judicious use of resources at the state level and to diverse like Children, Guardians of the children, civil society, partner organisations, donors and government departments.
4. Qualification and expected skills:
• Should be a Post Graduate from Social sciences or management from reputed institute
• Should at least 8 years of experience in social development sector and 3 to 4 years of direct experience in leadership position for program planning , implementation , Monitoring & Evaluation of programs
• Thorough understanding on Child Rights & Child Protection Issues including the issues of residential care and children on the streets
• Familiarity of working with the Government systems & experiencing managing NGO partnerships/ programs
• Ability to perform multiple tasks efficiently & managing emergency situations
• Language proficiency in English and Hindi is essential.
Salary: The Salary package would be 40K to 50K commensurate with experience.
Interested Women candidates meeting the above criteria are requested to submit their application along with a covering note to email@example.com before the closing date.
Please indicate the title of the post applied for on the subject line of your e-mail.
Job Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org