About STiR Education
STIR Education is a fast-growing international education NGO currently operating in India & Uganda. Where many see a global learning crisis, we see a unique opportunity to empower a promising young generation to reduce unemployment, increase life expectancy & bring an end to extreme poverty. And we think teachers are the light that can lead the way.
At STIR we are working towards a world where teachers love teaching & children love learning. This is because we believe it’s a moral & economic imperative that every child, everywhere, has a teacher who cultivates the joy of lifelong learning.
STIR supports education systems to ignite intrinsic motivation in teachers & officials through teacher networks. Our approach strengthens leadership, improves teaching practice, increases student learning & boosts financial efficiency for the education system.
How we approach our work is as important as what we do and our core values guide the way:
Humility | We don’t have all of the answers upfront.
Ownership | We empower each other with high expectations and support.
Openness | We will listen, learn and improve, and lead through obstacles.
Purpose | We’re united by a shared vision we’ll build and achieve together.
Team & partners
Since our founding in 2012, we’ve grown into a vibrant team of almost 100 people working across the UK, India & Uganda. Our cross-cultural group has a strong mix of education, business & social entrepreneurship experience, and hails from the likes of Teach First, Teach for India, Google, J-PAL, Save the Children, Gandhi Fellowship, Educate!, Booz & Co, Citibank, & Tech Mahindra. We are supported by 18 of the world’s leading foundations & development agencies, including DFID, USAID, Mastercard, MacArthur, Ikea Foundation, Dubai Cares & UBS Optimus.
The opportunity – Data Officer, Monitoring & Evaluation India
In order to effectively understand the implementation and impact of STIR’s programme at scale, STIR is looking to hire a Data Officer to oversee our overall monitoring data structures, lead on troubleshooting and develop capacity building materials and training sessions to thereby enable a genuine data-driven culture at STIR. The Data Officer will report to the Senior Manager M&E and work closely with STIR’s programme teams across our various offices in India.
Role & responsibilities
As STIR India - Data Officer, your key responsibilities will involve the following:
• Oversee process of Monthly Progress Check (MPC) data planning and follow ups:
• Designing survey forms in the mobile app or tech platform based on final indicators
• Creating template for programme teams and each programme manager to use data effectively
• To support programme teams in resolving technical issues (troubleshooting) with the tech platforms and data collection processes
• Designing dashboards, visualization etc. which can help teams to see progress of their programme as they progress by using different software tools and platforms like excel, access, google forms, mobile app, google data studio etc.
• Deep diving with programme teams on MPC data on a monthly call or meeting and understanding the gap in data quality and structures
• To support M&E India team in generating quarterly trend analysis reports using MPC data and triangulating with other database like rapid learning cycle, longitudinal study.
• Managing STIR scorecard and supporting funder reporting team in consultation with Senior Manager M&E.
Capacity building and development:
• Conducting data learning workshops regularly with internal staff for capacity building which may include training on excel, using technology in field, data interpretation etc.
• He/she needs to be an excellent communicator and have proficiency in developing clear and concise training materials (eg. manual, handouts etc.) and processes
• Collecting regular feedbacks on use of technology to collect data, data analysis, interpretation etc. from programme teams to understand their needs and then accordingly conduct trainings.
• To ensure that teams are fully equipped and trained with all the tech features, data management skills, and has access to quality data for decision making.
• Support to programme team on any other Monitoring and Evaluation tasks as required in consultation with Senior Manager M&E.
• As STIR is a growing organization, support on any additional tasks as required
Required skills & experience
• Post Graduate degree or higher in IT or a PG diploma in relevant fields. Graduates are also invited to apply if they have experienced in above mentioned roles.
• At least 2 year of experience in managing large datasets, designing dashboards, and enabling a data driven culture for learning.
• Proficiency in using MS Excel, PPT, Word and other relevant software
• Advanced English proficiency and any other language. He/she should be open to travel to programme locations for training teams
• Information management and the ability to provide relevant information on time in clear and concise manner
• High degree of planning and organizing
• Attention to detail
• Flexibility and a willingness to adapt and collaborate with the team
• Patience to handle and manage large scale database
• Demonstrated maturity to work in fast paced environment
• Believe and demonstrate on STIR values (Humility, Openness, Ownership, and Purpose)
• Highly organized and professional in approach to manage diverse evaluations
• Flexibility and a willingness to adapt and work in low-resource settings
If your skills, experience & priorities align with STiR’s vision, mission & values, we welcome you to begin the application for Data Officer Monitoring & Evaluation India. The full interview process will include a variety of additional tasks & assessments. And we look forward to taking the next step with you.