The Leprosy Mission was founded in 1874 as ‘The Mission to Lepers’ by an Irishman named Wellesley Cosby Bailey, in Ambala, India. Subsequently in 1973, The Leprosy Mission Trust India (TLMTI) was registered as a Society under the Societies Registration Act of 1860. TLMTI is the largest leprosy-focused non-governmental organisation in India and is headquartered in New Delhi, India. The organisation works with people affected by leprosy and other neglected tropical diseases (NTDs), people with disabilities, and marginalised communities, especially women. TLMTI has a diverse set of programmes – Healthcare, Sustainable Livelihood, Community Empowerment, Advocacy, and Research and Training. These programmes are implemented through 14 hospitals and two clinics, six vocational training centres, five residential care homes for elderly persons affected by leprosy, community empowerment projects, and a research laboratory, spread across 10 states of India.
To know more about us, please visit our website: https://www.leprosymission.in/
About the Job
The Leprosy Mission Trust India (TLMTI) aims to raise awareness about leprosy and the work it is doing through its communication activities. It challenges misconceptions, cultural practices and societal norms, structural and systemic inequalities through strategic communication and platforms of engagement for positive action. TLMTI’s Communication Hub handles public relations, information output, press releases and media requests, and also online and social media activities. The Hub is also responsible for internal communication of the organisation.
TLMTI is seeking to recruit a passionate communication professional who shares our vision and passion. Working at TLMTI will enable you to be part of a small, dedicated team striving to bring in innovation in the way we communicate. This is an exciting time to be joining TLMTI as we take forward our new country strategy.
Main Purpose of Job
The Communication and MIS Manager will support the Head of Advocacy and Communication to implement TLMTI’s communication strategy.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist in conceptualising, designing, and creating communication material, both in print and social media, for effective and implementation of the events/campaigns.
• Identify local voices and stories that can be shared broadly through different platforms to generate awareness, understanding and support for issues of people affected by leprosy.
• TLMTI runs multiple workshops, roundtables and meetings throughout the year. Tasks may include liaising with attendees, sourcing speakers, suggesting topics for discussion and drafting speaker briefings.
• Build networks with the media for coverage on the issue of leprosy and TLMTI’s work.
• Collate and produce communication materials, such as press releases, brochures, digital materials and power point presentations.
• Assist in the implementation of evidence-based mass media campaigns in line with government’s priorities.
• Assist communication team in message testing and media production of campaigns.
• Assist in designing and implementing social media campaigns.
• Create content for website and social media platforms, keep track of as well as record social media metrics, and assist analysis of social media content and reach.
• Correspond with employees and external stakeholders to keep them informed of the developments in the organisation.
• Develop and maintain information database that will help TLMTI plan further interventions.
• Maintain a database of various online and offline platforms where TLMTI’s work can be highlighted or showcased and work towards its execution.
• Maintain a database of publications, organisations, networks which are involved in similar or related work as TLMTI’s.
• Maintain trackers on media coverage on leprosy and related topics.
• Work with the Team Leader – Communication in creating a calendar for the website and other social media platforms and own its timely and effective execution.
• Review case studies and document best practices for internal and external dissemination.
• Develop and implement monitoring and evaluation system of the project.
• Employ suitable statistical tool (SPSS, etc) for analysing project performance.
• Prepare periodical reports (monthly, quarterly, half-yearly, annual) of the project, in the approved format.
• Support in ensuring that all staff are trained and supported in brand guideline implementation.
Education/Experience Requirements: The successful candidate must possess a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in development studies, journalism, development communication, or related areas and must have at least 3 years experience in managing and implementing communication activities, evaluating social research projects, and experience in writing project reports, documenting and reviewing case studies.
Skills: Strong presentation and communication skills, excellent organisational skills and the ability to meet deadlines, demonstrated ability to use social media channels effectively, experience in creating targeted content, creative thinking, and an analytical mind.
Person specification: We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team and help us take our organisation through this exciting period of transformative growth. You must be a self-starter and able to work independently. You must be a team player and have excellent interpersonal skills.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send in your updated resume to email@example.com mentioning your current and expected salary and the notice period required to join. In subject line please mention Communication and MIS Manager.
TLMTI is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women candidates are encouraged to apply. Our policies and procedures reflect our commitment to the individuals and communities disadvantaged by leprosy. Please send in your application by December 25, 2018.
Job Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Leprosy Mission Trust India is a non-governmental organization established in 1973. The registration number of the organization is: 5897?(04-08-1973). The organization is operational in Delhi, India. The Leprosy Mission Trust India works in the area of Aged and elderly, Children, Disability, Disaster Management, Education & Literacy, Health & Nutrition, HIV/AIDS, Housing and shelter, Human Rights, Micro Finance (SHGs), Rural Development & Poverty Alleviation, Tribal Welfare, Vocational Training, Womens Development & Empowerment, etc. The NGO works towards the promotion of sustainable development.