Population First (PF) is a communication and advocacy initiative working on population and health issues from the perspective of gender and social development. Our key objectives are to help reduce gender imbalances in the population and work towards gender sensitive and social development oriented health and population programmes. We believe that the problem lies not in numbers but in the unequal social development and gender disparities that are prevalent in society.
AMCHI (Action for Mobilization of Community Health Initiatives), which in Marathi means “Ours” is a community empowerment programme of PF that works for better quality, accountability and transparency in social development services through active participation of the people in programme implementation and monitoring. Its initiatives include school-based sanitation and hygiene initiative, livelihood for women through vermi-composting, malnutrition eradication, reproductive and sexual health for adolescent girls and ante-natal and post-natal care.
Position: Programme Manager
Number of positions: 1
Type of Employment: Full time
Location: Colaba, Mumbai. Travel to villages of Shahapur block in Thane district for field work and project monitoring.
Remuneration: Rs. 45000/- per month or more depending on educational background and experience
The Programme Manager will be responsible for all the projects being implemented under Programme AMCHI. Exploring new project possibilities and designing interventions with the field team would be part of his/her responsibilities. The Programme Manager will report to the Director and would be part of strategic decision-making with regards to AMCHI Programme.
1. Ensuring effective and efficient implementation of projects through systematic monitoring
2. Guiding Project Managers / field team in planning project activities
3. Writing project proposals for new and existing donors
4. Creating an environment that is conducive for the field team to perform effectively
5. Identifying training needs of the project team and recommending to the Director
6. Maintaining donor relations by submitting activity reports on time and responding to their needs from time to time
7. Utilizing the project budgets according to the plan and maintaining periodic accounts statements for all the projects
8. Documentation of success stories, case studies and data collected from the field for dissemination among stakeholders
Educational Qualifications and Experience required
• Masters in Social Sciences/Social Work and a good perspective of gender and participatory approach
• 10 years of experience in community development/social projects including experience of rural projects
• Proficiency in English, Marathi and Hindi
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Planning and organizational skills
• Data management
Job Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Population First is a registered (Registration No. : E20086?(26-03-2002)? non-governmental organization(NGO) working in Maharashtra, India. Established in the year 2002?, Population First works in the area of Health & Nutrition, Panchayati Raj, Rural Development & Poverty Alleviation, Womens Development & Empowerment, etc. The organization works towards the promotion of sustainable development.