Vacancy Announcement for the Position of “Assistant Manager – Sustainable Cotton and Textile” - Delhi at Solidaridad Asia
Location: Delhi, India
Solidaridad is a global civil society organization that is providing solutions for last 49 years for sustainable production practices across supply chains. Solidaridad exercises influence and offers strong partnership competencies through its Global Commodity Programmes in Coffee, Tea, Cocoa, Fruit & Vegetables, Cotton, Textiles, Gold & Industrial Minerals, Soy, Palm Oil, Sugarcane, Livestock/ Leather, Dairy and Aquaculture. We combine a global network with a local presence and in-depth sector and market knowledge. Solidaridad has a network structure consisting of nine Regional Expertise Centres on five continents with advanced knowledge of all supply chain levels. Expert knowledge of supply chains and local issues for producers puts Solidaridad in a unique position to identify what it takes - whom to engage – to make entire sectors more sustainable. .
See more at: http://www.solidaridadnetwork.org
Solidaridad has more than 500 sustainability experts on the ground in 50 countries and the ability to organize and collaborate closely with businesses, investors, Governments, producers, producer organizations, service providers, labour unions and other CSOs. Solidaridad in Asia is headquartered in Hong Kong and works from its 14 offices in India, China, Indonesia, Malaysia, Japan, Bangladesh, Myanmar and Sri Lanka.
Solidaridad is seeking a highly motivated individual, with the capacity to proactively identify and develop innovative solutions to sustainability challenges in the cotton and textile sector in Asia. The prospective individual will be required to deliver on current project commitments in consultation with the Supervisor. Analytical skills will be critical to the role, as is the willingness to take initiative and responsibility for developing relevant skills and networks. Knowledge and experience of sustainability issues and trends in the industry is strongly preferred. Thematically, both environmental and social aspects of production will be relevant to the job Profile.
The position will be reporting to General Manager, Water and Sustainable Agriculture Programme
The position key responsibilities will include:
• Assist in implementation plans for the ongoing projects and ensure timely support and smooth coordination for day to day activities of the project
• Regular follow up of budget especially for the activities related to the implementation of various projects under cotton and Textile programme and update the same
• Assume responsibility for ensuring that all information and data required are collected in a timely manner, verified and analysed in accordance with project deliverables.
• Act as the liaison person between different programme and Programme Lead ensuring strong relationship, where expectations and support are well-matched.
• Ensure all relevant reports for internal as well as external agencies meet requirements on accuracy, timeliness and completeness.
• Managing & delivering impacts across all ongoing cotton and textiles projects
• Create database of all cotton and textiles projects and support General Manager with its regular updates
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Good writing skills, including proposal writing
• Have engaged with businesses/donors for business development
Necessary Qualifications and Experience
• Post-Graduation in Sustainable Development/ Textile/Fashion/Business Administration with minimum 4 years of relevant experience.
• Excellent analytical skills and ability to gather information from different sources and present it concisely and clearly according to the viewers requirements.
• Familiarity and understanding of global sustainable debates and issues
• Flexibility and creativity will be necessity for this position
• Excellent command over English language both writing and speaking
Salary and Benefits
Solidaridad Asia will pay a competitive salary and matching benefits including provident fund, LTA, health insurance and pension based on skills and experience.
Solidaridad aims to be an equal opportunity employer. Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates may send a brief CV, along with cover letter justifying your candidature with not more than two page and expected salary with at least two references to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 20th January 2019. The allocation to bear subject line as “Application for Assistant Manager – Sustainable Cotton and Textile – Delhi”
Position applied for should be clearly mentioned the subject in the email. Only short-listed candidates will be called for an interview.
Job Email id: email@example.com