Action for Food Production (AFPRO) is an Indian socio-technical non-governmental organization of national importance working for the development of the rural poor through effective natural resource management solutions.
AFPRO dedicates itself to its mission of alleviating rural poverty by promoting and working through voluntary organizations; with a focus on enabling the marginalized and weaker sections of rural society to participate in the process of rural development by strengthening their resource base and capacities through improved knowledge and skills, both in the technical and socio-economic development areas.
AFPRO having its Head Office in New Delhi requires Regional Manager for its Regional Office in Ranchi (Jharkhand) with the following requirements:
Educational Qualification: Basic graduation in Civil Engineering/Agriculture Engineering/ Agriculture/ Geology/ Hydrology/ Hydrogeology or any of the NRM related subjects. Post Graduates in above subjects with outstanding field experience of ten years are also essentials.
Age: 35 - 45 years
Experience: Minimum 10 years of work experience in Management of NRM programs, climate change, project planning, management, monitoring & evaluation. Capacities in training will be added value.
CTC: Rs.50,000/- to Rs.60,000/- p.m. Negotiable in exceptional / outstanding cases.
The position is to lead a multidisciplinary team for sourcing projects, effective planning, execution and monitoring of projects and documentation related to NRM. An understanding of policies related to Rural Development supported by Government, Corporate groups and international agencies, liaisoning skills and development of projects/programmes, appropriate project management skills and completion of the task with stipulated time period, He/she should be a good team player with Multi tasking ability.
Scope of Tasks & Responsibilities;
Extending Socio-technical services to NGVOs for the effective implementation of Program/Projects related to Natural Resource Management and Drinking water, Hygiene and sanitation projects etc.
• Coordinating the activities of multidisciplinary team of professional staff for the services to partners.
• Program planning by involving various stakeholders based on the regional needs.
• Conducting Joint Monitoring and Review exercises of the ongoing projects
• Program Management and conducting monitoring and Evaluations
• Developing project proposal on NRM, Drinking water supply and sanitation, Agriculture etc.
• Capacity building of different stakeholders on the integrated watershed management, Water supply and sanitation, integrated watershed management project and other NRM projects.
• Capacity building input in human and institutional development process of CBOs/GPs/NGOs
• Networking/coordination/liaison with Government/Development agencies in the region for promotion of the programs
• The applicant must be mature, capacity for good public relations, team building, resilient and motivated. Ability to meet deadlines.
• Good communication and presentation skills both in English, Hindi.
• Excellent IT skills which includes MS Office
• The applicant should have proven record of preparation of guidelines for proposal writing, project development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
• Liaison with other NGOs, Government and Resources Organizations – build and strengthen relationships
• The applicant will be responsible for documentation efforts for knowledge sharing, visibility enhancement of the organization.
• The applicant should be able to take leadership role in bringing innovative approach in areas connected with all aspects of NRM and Environmental up keep.
Travel: The position requires extensive travel into remote areas.
Reporting: The position reports to the Executive Director at AFPRO Head Office.
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
The above position is on contract basis and renewable based on the individual performance and organizational requirement.
Please send your profile/resume, current salary, expected salary and application by 18th January, 2019 to the Executive Director, 25/1A, Institutional Area, D-Block, Janakpuri, Pankha Road, New Delhi- 110058. E- mail: firstname.lastname@example.org website: www.afpro.org .
Job Email id: email@example.com