Breakthrough is looking for a dynamic, result oriented individual to head its Corporate Fundraising efforts. The person should have a proven track record of working in sales in a B2B situation, particularly one in which acquisition of new clients was a priority.
The Head - Corporate Partnerships will lead a growing team of fundraisers to acquire and strengthen relations with corporate clients that are looking to create sustainable impact in the lives of women and girls. Critical to this work is the ability to customise solutions to meet the needs of corporate partners as well as to deliver value for their brands while ensuring programmatic impact.
Specific areas of work are:
• Development of overall corporate fundraising strategy with milestones and yearly targets
• Implementation of plan and achievement of set milestones/ targets
• Lead generation and client outreach
• Creation of customised solutions for clients - development of high quality presentations and proposals
• Innovative donor engagement to ensure high levels of donor loyalty and championing of Breakthrough
• Inputting into donor reporting
The person will also need to collaborate with the head of Individual Fundraising on acquisition and retention of major donors (HNIs), many of whom are from the corporate sector.
The person should have a 12+ years of work experience, of which at least 5 years should be in a leadership position, leading a b2b sales team.
The person should ideally have a post graduate degree in Marketing /Sales or be an MBA.
• Exceptional Interpersonal skills, including the ability to influence and motivate others
• Strong Communication skills - both written and verbal
• Analytical skills - ability to see patterns in qualitative and quantitative data
• Team Management - Ability to manage and mentor team effectively
• Target driven and result oriented - ensures achievement of targets
• Leadership - strong capacity to develop and motivate a team
• Strategic thinking - should be able to strategically guide Breakthrough’s corporate fundraising endeavours
Breakthrough was founded in 1999 with the mission of using arts and culture to bring human rights issues --especially violence and discrimination against marginalized groups -- into mainstream conversation and inspire critical masses of people to take action for change. Its first project was Mann ke Manjeeré ( n lbum of Women’s Dreams), an award-winning music album and video compilation that stirred unprecedented discussion across India about women’s rights and brought the problem of domestic violence out from behind closed doors. Today, Breakthrough works to activate the critical mass of people who will deliver the culture change needed to make violence against women and girls unacceptable worldwide.Over the years Breakthrough is working on preventing Violence against Women & Girls, Breakthrough has a deep understanding of the interlinkages between its various manifestations. Breakthrough has made innovative use of media, arts and technology including digital and mobiles to usher in social change to end violence against women and promote a culture of human rights. Strategic partnership with the Ministry of Women and Child Development for dissemination of our media and IEC products which ensures that the messaging reaches large numbers as can be seen by the Bell Bajao campaign that reached 130 million in Phase I and 110 million in Phase II. The support was received pro-bono and is estimated to be worth INR 150 million. The Ministry has adopted Breakthrough’s MissionHazaar campaign on preventing sex selection under its flagship “Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao” campaign and is disseminating the TV spots, curriculum and communication guide in 12 Indian languages.
Breakthrough is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, caste, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, economic status, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Our policies and procedures reflect our commitment to child rights and child protection.
To know more about Breakthrough, please visit - www.inbreakthrough.tv
The candidate should have the ability to work in an informal atmosphere. Eligible candidates interested in this position may submit a resume accompanied by a cover letter, giving reasons in support of the suitability for the position, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org