Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
We are an international confederation of 21 organizations (affiliates) working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
All our work is led by three core values: Empowerment, Accountability, Inclusiveness.
• Accountability – Our purpose-driven, results-focused approach means we take responsibility for our actions and hold ourselves accountable. We believe that others should also be held accountable for their actions.
• Empowerment – Our approach means that everyone involved with Oxfam, from our staff and supporters to people living in poverty, should feel they can make change happen.
• Inclusiveness – We are open to everyone and embrace diversity. We believe everyone has a contribution to make, regardless of visible and invisible differences.
Oxfam India is an equal opportunities employer. To know more about Oxfam India please visit: www.oxfamindia.org
Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
Job Title: Programme Officer – Gender Justice
Department: Programme & Advocacy
Level / Pay Band: A7
Contract: Term of Three Years (Renewable on Mutual Agreement)
Reports To: Regional Manager (Uttar Pradesh)
Scope of Position
In line with Oxfam’s strategic plans and policy guidelines, to work under the leadership of the Regional Manager in planning, implementing and monitoring agreed objectives / issues with Oxfam partners, addressing issues of Ending Violence Against Women. Participate in and contribute to the development of wider institutional strategy.
1. To support large funded programme /projects and the relevant partners at the state level for addressing issues of violence against women and girls within private spaces through regular visits and undertake project appraisal, monitoring, evaluation, including financial monitoring.
2. To support the Gender Justice team of Oxfam India in establishing links between micro-level project work, state level policies and macro policy and practice environment.
3. To ensure minimum organisational standards in programme quality and programme reporting for back donors.
4. To undertake specific research and policy analysis exercise for programme development and influencing on the theme of ending violence against women and girls and effectively communicate it in various forums and to mass-media.
5. To design, plan and execute state level influencing work, in line with the national campaign/guidelines/strategy, on both policy and social norm change with a variety of relevant stakeholders as and when appropriate.
6. To lead and contribute to the implementation of a campaign on domestic violence for influencing a variety of stakeholders in the state and nationally.
7. To liaise with appropriate government officials, donor agencies, state level organisations and other relevant bodies as necessary.
8. To lead and contribute to the development of quality proposals for the development of gender justice portfolio both nationally as well as for the state.
9. To lead and contribute in gender mainstreaming at regional level and partner’s programme by ensuring quality inputs on all partner proposal, PAM process and by making visits to programmes.
10. To actively participate in and contribute to all team processes leading to programme development, management and effective functioning of the team s/he is part of.
11. To contribute to the regional team goal by working effectively as a team player adopting collaborative & consultative ways of working
12. Implement Oxfam’s Gender Policies.
Skill and Competence
1. Bachelors in Social Science qualification or equivalent and substantial working experience of at least 6 years addressing issues of gender discrimination, Violence against women and poverty, out of which minimum two years should have been with a grassroots development organisation.
2. Good understanding of gender and diversity issues in North India.
3. Well-developed analytical, conceptual and writing skills.
4. Proven track record of achieving results of project management, development and financial management
5. Experience of capacity building and training of civil society organisations
6. Proven ability in social research and macro policy analysis
7. Well-developed interpersonal and team skills and flexible in demanding situations.
8. Experience in policy advocacy and lobbying with government on policy issues
9. Proven track record of achieving results which includes management of projects, partners and finance.
10. Good written and spoken English and Hindi is essential.
11. Commitment to humanitarian principles and actions.
12. I.T. skills.
13. Physical fitness for travel and a willingness for sustained fieldwork.
During the course of employment the post holder may be required to move base on a temporary or permanent basis to any workplace controlled by Oxfam India
The candidate should be willing to travel within the region/country extensively and be deployed for extended periods in humanitarian response programmes in the field.
Date Issued: February 05, 2019
Last date for application: February 20, 2019
Approved By: CEO
1. All applicants should apply on https://goo.gl/Ke11w1
2. All applications should attach the covering letter and the CV (file name should be candidates name).
3. The deadline for receiving applications is 19th February 2019.
4. Applications without the exact subject line will not be considered.
5. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.