Competencies required: Leadership, Operations & Program Management, Financial Management, Marketing, Procurement, Communication & stakeholder management, Fund raising
About the Position
The role of Head of Operations is an exciting and multi-faceted leadership role that provides an opportunity to be a part of the growth and transformation journey of Kshitij-Mumbai. The position reports into the Board of Trustees and the entire staff team of Kshitij will report into this person.
Kshitij-Mumbai provides a good and happy work environment. The organization has made good progress in the last two decades and position of Head of Operations is part of the leadership transition to take over the day-to-day operations from founding Trustees.
Head of Operations will develop and manage programs and all internal processes of Kshitij. Initial period of the person’s role will involve working closely with the Managing Trustees to execute the leadership transition.
• Design & management of intervention programs for Wards
Work with counselors, therapists, special educators and staff to design and execute programs
• Day-to-day operations & administration
Routine administration; Managing staff and teacher; Assigning weekly schedules to teachers, volunteers & helpers; Production planning; Manage material purchase & stocks
• Marketing & Sale of Kshitij Products
Marketing & sales management; Managing exhibitions & festive season orders
• Financial planning, oversight & fund raising
• Management & development of teachers and staff
Manage teachers, staff, special educators and consultants / experts
• Periodic meetings
With teachers and staff; with Trustees; External stakeholders; donors
• Networking, liaison, advocacy & community outreach
Networking with NGOs and advocacy with policy makers; Community engagement with Gilder Lane school and other target communities;
• Developing network of volunteers, interns and well-wishers
• Donor, stakeholder & corporate relationship management
Manage relationships with key donors and corporate well-wishers buying Kshitij products
Required qualification and experience
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher with experience of 12 to 15 years in leadership roles
• Experience of leading a team
• Comfortable in working and interacting with senior leadership levels
• Program management in a business or social development organization
Other job requirements
• Excellent written and spoken communication in English
• Sensitivity to challenges of mentally disabled
• Initiative and ability to lead teams
• Computer savvy
• Capable women candidates looking for a second career are encouraged to apply
• Candidates living in Mumbai city will be preferred
• Salary – Rs 50,000 per month.
• Employment – Full-time
• Job Location – Charni Road / Mumbai Central, Mumbai.
About Kshitij, Mumbai
Kshitij is a Mumbai-based NGO that engages with adults having intellectual disabilities due to Autism, Brain Damage and Down’s Syndrome. It assists such mentally disabled adults (Wards) develop vocational skills to live their life independently and with dignity. It focuses on holistic development of the Wards through therapeutic, creative and physical interventions.
Kshitij is a strong support to families of the Wards and strives for enhancing their emotional health, self-esteem and inclusion in mainstream society. As part of a continuum of building self-esteem and self-reliance, Kshitij provides the Wards fruitful work and learn opportunities through production of handicrafts and chocolates. Kshitij provides a happy and safe environment to all Wards and Staff members. More details about Kshitij can be had at www.Kshitij-mumbai.org
About working with intellectually challenged adults and work environment at Kshitij
Contrary to the general perception, mentally challenged persons are far more affectionate than general people as they are non-judgemental in their approach. Kshitij Wards are innocent, enthusiastic individuals and the work environment is positive, satisfying and enriching.
Kshitij is a well-knit and inclusive team that respects diversity and individuality in line with its founding idea of accepting people for who they are. Most of the staff and volunteers at Kshitij have formed deep and long-term bonds with the Wards.
How to apply:
Please email your CV along with a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submitted personal information will be treated as confidential and used only for recruitment process. Shortlisted candidates shall be informed by 18th Feb. 2019.
If case of any clarifications, you may contact email@example.com
Job Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kshitij is a non-governmental organization (NGO). The registration number of the organization is: 194/08?(06-08-2008). It was established in the year 2008. Kshitij works in the area of Art & Culture, etc. The organization works towards the promotion of sustainable development. The organization operates in Bihar, India.