State Program Manager, National Health Mission (UPNHM)
1. POSITION VACANT: State Program Manager, National Health Mission, Uttar Pradesh
2. ORGANIZATION BACKGROUND:
The National Health Mission (NHM) was launched with a view to bringing about dramatic improvements to the health system and health status of people, especially those who live in the rural areas of the country. The Mission seeks to provide universal access to equitable, affordable and quality health care which is accountable at the same time responsive to the needs of the people, reduction of child and maternal deaths as well as population stabilization, gender and demographic balance. In this process, the Mission helps achieve goals set under the National Health Policy and the Millennium Development Goals.
For more information about the organization, please visit www.upnrhm.gov.in
3. JOB DESCRIPTION/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Mission Director, State Health Society, Uttar Pradesh, the State Program Manager would be responsible for overall monitoring of various programmes under National Health Mission, Uttar Pradesh. The candidate will be actively involved in the planning process and will also be responsible for Advocacy and Partnership activities on behalf of National Health Mission, Uttar Pradesh. The candidate is expected to provide strategic inputs on public health activities to the Mission Director, State Health Society, Uttar Pradesh
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
The primary duties and responsibilities of State Program Manager will include the following:
(A) Program Management:
(1) Supervise the Divisional Programme Management Unit (Div. PMU)/District Programme Management Unit (DPMU) in National Health Mission programme management activities like planning, budgeting, implementing, monitoring, supervising, evaluating and reporting;
(2) Support in building capacities at State, Division, District and Block level on programme planning, implementing, monitoring and reporting for efficient programme management;
(3) Human Resource Management of NHM;
(4) Provide feedback for policy and management decisions;
(5) Provide feedback to the Mission Director, NHM, UP on periodic basis on the status of physical and financial progress of various programs.
(B) Monitoring & Evaluation and IT:
(1) Responsible for monitoring and evaluation function of NHM-management of data systems, evaluation processes, impact studies etc;
(2) Analyze progress reports submitted by the districts on monthly / quarterly basis for the management to take informed decisions and suggesting timely course correction wherever so required;
(3) Responsible for all IT related activities-NHM website, Data portals, applications and mobile apps;
(4) Undertaking field visits for monitoring of project related activities.
(C) Planning & Budgeting:
(1) Lead and support the activities for developing annual project implementation plans of NHM for the state;
(2) Coordinate with various program leads in developing the District Action Plans and support the districts in further preparation of Block Action Plans for better implementation of programs under NHM.
(D) Liaising and Coordination:
(1) Represent NHM, UP in meetings related to program implementation at State Government/Central Government level. Co-ordinate with internal and external stakeholders;
(2) Coordinating Governing Body and Executive Committee meetings;
(3) Coordinate with various state government departments on issues related to health on behalf of State Health Society, Uttar Pradesh;
(4) Any other work assigned by the Mission Director, NHM, UP.
4. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
(A) On Deputation (Level 4 & above) from Uttar Pradesh Provincial Medical Services having following ToR applicable for Open Market.
(B) From Open Market:
MBBS with Post Graduate Degree or Diploma in Obstetrics such as M.D.(Obs.&Gyn) /M.S. (Obs & Gyn)/ DGO/DNB in Obs & Gyn from a recognized University/Institution or equivalent
MBBS with Post Graduate Degree or Diploma in Paediatrics such as M.D. (Paediatrics)/ DCH/ DNB in Paediatrics from a recognized University/Institution or equivalent
MBBS with Post Graduate Degree or Diploma in Anaesthesiology such as M.D. (Anaesthesiology)/ DA or DNB in Anaesthesiology from a recognized University/Institution or equivalent
MBBS with Post Graduate Degree/ Diploma in Public Health Management from a recognized University/ Institution.
MBA or similar qualification, in addition to the minimum qualification.
(1) Minimum 20 years post qualification work experience in Public/ Private Sector.
(2) Experience of coordinating with Government Health Department/Section and familiarity with functioning of government system.
(1) Proficiency and/or experience and knowledge of IT systems/applications and IT enabled.
(2) Experience of working with Health Department/Development Partners/ UN agencies like WHO, UNICEF etc shall be preferred;
(3) Experience in managing and coordinating multiple public health programs is desirable.
Skills and Competencies:
(1) Excellent communication, documentation, presentation and liasioning skills;
(2) Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment;
(3) Willingness to travel to districts to provide support to district teams & ability to work on different assignments simultaneously to meet the timelines for assignments.
5. AGE LIMIT: Maximum age limit 62 years.
6. VACANCY DETAILS: 1 vacancy (UR: 1)
7. COMPENSATION OFFERED:
Consolidated honoraria Rs. 1,50,000/- per month to Rs. 2,00,000/- per month (negotiable) plus Chauffeur driven vehicle.
8. CONTRACT AGREEMENT: The Selected Candidate will draw a contractual agreement with State Health Society, U.P. before joining.
9. RESERVATION POLICY: State reservation policy will be applicable with respect to all vacancies.
(Note: All applicants from other states, irrespective of their category, shall be categorized under unreserved category and will not get privileges of state reservation policy whatsoever)
10. LOCATION: State Head Quarter, Lucknow
11. REFERENCE: SPM-UPNHM
12. CONTACT INFORMATION:
Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd.
1/1B, Choudhary Hetram House, Bharat Nagar
New Friends Colony, New Delhi 110 025
Phone Nos.: 011- 2684 2162; 4165 3612
13. GENERAL CONDITIONS:
(1) The recruitment will be on contract basis for a period of one year initially, which may be renewed based on the performance & conduct;
(2) Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview. All original educational/experience/other certificates must be carried at the time of interview;
(3) National Health Mission, Uttar Pradesh reserves the right to cancel the position mentioned in this advertisement without assigning reason.
14. LAST DATE FOR APPLICATIONS:
Eligible candidates interested in this position are requested to apply online at www.sams.co.in by or before March 02, 2019, 11:59:59 PM.
Online application link: http://samsjobs.info/site/defaultmsc.aspx
Please Note: Only online application submitted by the candidates shall be considered valid. Applications received through other sources shall be deemed invalid.