Position: Investment Manager (full time, 6 months’ probation period)
Starting date: Immediately
Working Days: Monday to Saturday
Timings: 9.30 am to 5.30 pm
SELCO Energy Access Fund is a social investment vehicle with a target to enhance energy access to under-served. The Fund will offer a holistic mix of debt and equity to early and seed stage enterprises, and will also invest in a mix of enterprises, by size and the potential scale they hope to achieve. It is fundamentally different from other social venture funds as the focus will be on entrepreneurs who are unable to tap into other sources of funding due to social demographic, language, education, cultural or other barriers. This Fund will attach more value to social returns than financial returns.
Inclusive Investment Manager The primary role will be to create a pipeline of potential investees by networking, taking part in industry and social enterprise events and forums, keep an eye on latest industry trends, source investment opportunities and meet potential social enterprises and their founders. The Manager will also get involved into the deal process (ie., due diligence, analyzing business plans, market analysis, valuation and impact analysis), present the deals to the investment committee and assist them in making informed investment decisions and structuring of investments. Post investment, the Investment Manager will have to make sure that the invested social enterprises run smoothly and will be on their board and make sure that the financial and social objectives of the investments are taken care.
Roles and responsibilities
• Scouting the Renewable energy social enterprise landscape
• Identifying social enterprises for potential Investment opportunities.
• Conduct due diligence on potential social enterprise investment opportunities in the target sector.
• Preparing investment memorandums and presenting it to the investment committee Structure the investment deal and prepare investment documentation.
• Develop and manage relationships with investors and other partners.
• Reports to the Board and Investors.
• Comply with Financial regulations, legislation and procedures
• Experience in investment processes and ability to understand, interpret and advise on business and financial strategy for social enterprises.
• Strong financial modelling skills
• Ability to think creatively about investment solutions targeted at rural enterprises
• Strong networking skills
• Willing to travel within the country
• Relevant professional qualification or work experience and/or Masters in the field of Finance/Renewable Energy
• Experience of the social enterprise sector and a desire to help address social issues
Remuneration: Depends on qualification and experience
Process: Applications will be processed on a rolling basis.
Please send a copy of your CV with a cover letter explaining why you are interested in this role to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Re: Application for Investment Manager as a subject line.
Job Email id: email@example.com