MAMTA Health Institute for Mother and Child
Position Advertised: Medical Officer - Urban TB, Axshya Project
Duty Station: New Delhi
Reporting: Assistant Director
Last Date: June 20, 2017
MAMTA Health Institute for Mother and Child (Mamta HIMC) is an internationally recognized NGO, established in December 1990 at New Delhi, India. Mamta HIMC is today represented in 16 States of India and has also extended its reach beyond national borders, to Nepal, Bangladesh and Burundi, East Africa. The organization is committed towards integrated health and development issues in the context of poverty, gender and rights, following a life cycle approach. For more information about MAMTA please visit, http://www.mamta-himc.org
Project Axshya (India TB Project under the Global Fund Grants) is looking for suitable candidates to support interventions in the selected urban sites for involving and engaging Private providers in TB care and control.
General scope of the job
Reporting to the Assistant Director, Medical Consultant, Urban TB is responsible for supervision, monitoring and providing technical support to ‘Coordinators, Urban TB’ in identifying and developing a network of private qualified health care providers (Qualified Private Practitioners/ Private Hospitals/Private Labs) and coordinates their engagement towards identification, notification and treatment of all forms of tuberculosis patients especially in Key Affected Populations (KAPs).
• Build capacity of Coordinator, Urban TB and guide them to identify and map Specialists (MD, MS etc), MBBS doctors, AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga, Unani, Siddha and Homeopath), Private Labs and Private Hospitals in assigned urban sites.
• Supervise Coordinator, Urban TB to ensure regular follow-up with the TB patients identified through private health care providers / private hospitals / private laboratories for treatment completion.
• Coordinate training/sensitisation of qualified health care providers private hospitals / private laboratories as per STCI guidelines.
• Liaise and ensure participation of Allopathic doctor, AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga, Unani, Sidha and Homeopath), Private Labs and Private Hospitals in project Axshya activities.
• Build partnership with private health care providers for complying with STCI guidelines and notification of all form of TB Patients.
• Coordinate with RNTCP to get support for implementing project Axshya activities in urban settings.
• Ensure monthly compilation and submission of data/reporting formats (Notification) as per the specified formats from all engaged private health care providers
• Responsible for timely submission of Axshya related reports to the Project Manager
• Any other task assigned by supervisor time to time.
Qualification and Experience
• Medical Graduate with 3-5 years of experience
• Experience of working with private health care providers
• Proficiency in working with MS office
• Good communication skills
• Managerial skills
Languages: English and Hindi
MAMTA is an equal opportunity organization and encourages women candidates to apply.
Compensations shall be based on relevant experience and qualifications.
How to Apply:
Candidates interested in this position are requested to apply with a cover letter, their updated resume and details of current and expected compensation to the email id email@example.com, by or before 20th June, 2017. Subject of the email should read – “Axshya - Application for the Post of Medical Officer”.
Only Short listed candidates will be contacted.
Job Email id: Jobs(at)mamtahimc.org
Mamta Health Institute For Mother And Child is a non-governmental organization (NGO) working in Delhi, India. The registration number of the organization is: S/21578?(28-12-1990). Established in the year 1990, Mamta Health Institute For Mother And Child works in the area of Health & Nutrition, HIV/AIDS, Human Rights, Legal Awareness & Aid, Rural Development & Poverty Alleviation, Urban Development & Poverty Alleviation, Womens Development & Empowerment, etc. The NGO works towards the promotion of sustainable development.