Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Safe Kids Foundation, Pune
About Safe Kids Foundation
Safe Kids Foundation India (SKFI) became a member of Safe Kids Worldwide in 2006 and works in close collaboration with Safe Kids Worldwide to improve the lives of children in India. Child injury prevention being the motto, Safe Kids Foundation has been implementing 2 important programs in India and they are “Safe Kids’ Walk This Way” - pedestrian safety program implemented in Mumbai, Gujarat and Delhi and “Safe Kids at Home” - home safety program in Pune with a specific focus on fire and burn prevention. Safe Kids at Home program was launched in May 2015 in Pune with an aim of reducing fire and burn injuries among children below 14 year of age and thus making Pune a model safe city in India and has reached out to over 1,90,000 students from over 656 schools and over 1,35,000 parents from 216 communities in the last one year. For more information, visit us at www.safekidsfoundation.org/home, and on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Youtube
Our new Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will join a dynamic team making a difference in Pune. He/she is expected to provide strategic inputs to improve the quality of program design, implementation and reporting on technical and operational aspects including reports to donors and other external stakeholders. He/she is expected to work closely with the program team of the organization and monitor the program progress of the implementing partners and expected to design and implement various evaluation studies including midterm and endline surveys in collaboration with the external evaluators. It is a position that reports directly to the program director, and has the potential to grow in responsibility.
• Review the existing monitoring and evaluation tools and further develop the M&E framework for Safe Kids at Home Program.
• Ensure timely and effective responses on M&E reporting as per the organization and donor requirements.
• Facilitate interaction with the external evaluators including third party evaluation teams and be fully responsible for conducting midterm and end line surveys.
• Work closely with the programme team to develop and implement systems for periodic review of the M&E framework and Programme MIS to respond to on-going programme needs and programme expansion.
• Stay updated with monitoring and evaluation models and practices and recommend appropriate approaches to improve the M&E approach.
• Develop key performance indicators and other metrics to measure the program impact.
• Provide continued technical support to implementing activities and program tracking.
• Develop strategic information management and reporting system.
• Design surveys, conduct any primary or secondary research and administer the research if required by the program.
• Provide technical support and data management support to stakeholders working in the program to standardize the data collection and deployment process.
• Undertake field monitoring activities on an on-going basis to assess the program quality using standard monitoring and evaluation tools and methodologies.
• Substantively contribute to the institutional capacity for planning, monitoring and evaluation and develop relevant tools for monitoring and reporting activities.
• Undertake stakeholder and partner monitoring and evaluation to strengthen and utilize the available capacities to the highest efficiency.
• Evaluate the work of educators as per the project plan and conduct periodic assessment of the performance of educators and program coordinators to ascertain the program quality and share actionable strategic feedback.
• Timely submission of weekly and monthly reports to the program director.
• Provide strategic feedback to enhance program quality by value addition to the existing IEC materials.
• Develop innovative approaches to extend quality program outreach to communities and schools that need it.
• Suggest best practices for improving the program.
• Design and leverage evidence-based analysis for scaling the program in future.
• Provide strategic inputs for resource mobilization, community engagement and strengthening volunteering program outcomes.
• Documenting case studies, success stories and best practices.
• Collate the field reports for process monitoring and evaluation.
• Develop and manage research related website content.
• Drafting and Editing reports, presentations and research reports and publications.
• Writing project and research proposals.
• Undertake additional responsibilities as assigned by the management.
Qualification / Eligibility Criteria and Key Skills:
• Post-graduate degree in project monitoring and evaluation, statistics, social science or related discipline from a recognized university or college is essential.
• Minimum 5-6 years of focussed experience in monitoring and evaluation with a reputed national/international NGO.
• Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively in a multiple line management.
• Excellent quantitative and qualitative data analysis skills and tools required
• Excellent ICT and MIS skills.
• Demonstrable commitment to quality of education programs.
• Detail oriented and strong influencing and negotiation skills.
• Ability to work under pressure and deliver quality results with minimum supervision.
• Excellent reporting and documentation skills
• Fluent in English, Marathi and Hindi
Remuneration depends on experience and competency.
Interested and eligible candidates are requested to send CVs along with a cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for this position, as well as your salary expectation, to Program Director at email@example.com latest by the 15th June 2017. If we found the suitable candidate we will be closing the position before above mentioned date.
Job Email id: safekidsathome(at)safekidsfoundation.org