The following awards shall be presented every year to an individual or an institution for outstanding contribution in the field of science and technology communication and promoting scientific temper which has created significant impact in the country during the last five years. The awards carry a citation, a memento and cash award. Category Description of the awards The awards carry cash amount as indicated below
A) National Award for Outstanding Efforts in Science & Technology Communication in general Rs.2,00,000/- (Rupees Two Lakh)
B) National Award for Outstanding Efforts in Science & Technology Communication through Print Media including Books and Magazines Rs.1,00,000/- (Rupees One Lakh)
C) National Award for Outstanding Efforts in Science & Technology Popularization among Children Rs.1,00,000/- (Rupees One Lakh)
D) National Award for Outstanding Efforts in Translation of Popular Science & Technology Literature in languages mentioned in the eighth schedule of the Constitution of India and in English Rs.1,00,000/- (Rupees One Lakh)
E) National Award for Outstanding Efforts in Science & Technology Communication through Innovative and Traditional methods Rs.1,00,000/- (Rupees One Lakh)
F) National Award for Outstanding Efforts in Science & Technology Communication in the Electronic Medium Rs.1,00,000/- (Rupees One Lakh)
1. The awards are open to all Indian citizens as well as to institutions registered in India or created by the Central/ State governments/ Union Territories.
2. To be eligible for the awards, it is required that an Indian citizen/ non government organization / institution registered in India is recommended in writing by a competent authority as defined in Section IV.
3. Individuals who are employed in the Ministry of Science and Technology are not eligible for these awards.
4. Recipient of a particular award shall be considered for the same award only after a period of 10 years and for a different award after five years.
5. Nominee should be above 35 years of age on the date of nomination and be alive on the date of award.
6. An organization/ institution shall be eligible for the award if it has rendered more than 10 years of promotional activity in the field of science communication after its registration.
7. Individuals who are/were employed in an organization promoted and financed by state government or the central government or in the respective governments and whose primary job/duty/responsibility is/was promotion of Science and Technology communication are ineligible for the awards unless such contribution has been after retirement etc. from such an organization/government.