The Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change invites proposals from various Institutions or Organizations who can act as Coordinating Centre, Collaborating Units or Principal Investigator for undertaking advance taxonomic research under the All India Coordinated Project on Capacity Building in Taxonomy (AICOPTAX) in the following identified thematic
8. Oomycetes, cellular slime moulds, Pyhtoplasma
9. Protozoa and Sporozoa,
10 Annelida, Meiofauna
11. Lichens, Bryophytes, Pteridophytes and High altitude Gymnosperms
12. Medicinal and Aromatic Plants, Legumes, Palms & Canes, Orchids, Grasses & Bamboos, and Aquatic plants.
13. Molecular and Biochemical techniques in Taxonomy.
14. Pollinators and Seed dispersers.
15. Training Centers:
(i) Research in Animal biosystematics and advanced training in taxonomy.
(ii) Research in Plant biosystematics and advanced training in taxonomy.
The broad objectives are:
1. Understanding of plant, animal and microbes interactions
2. Setting-up of Training Centre for Animal and Plant Taxonomy
3. Documentation of fauna and flora in Bio-geographic Zones (Deccan Peninsula, Semi-Aired, Coast and North East)
Eco-sensitive Zones, Saltmarsh Biodiversity, High Altitude Biodiversity, Canopy Biodiversity, Biodiversity of Plateau,
4. Documentation and Assessment of Endemic and Threatened Biota.
5. Field assessment of trees of India for conservation.
6. Taxonomic studies on the common groups of biota with economic importance and general floristics and faunistics.
7. Research in plant biosystematics and advanced training in taxonomy
8. Research in animal biosystematics and advanced training in taxonomy
9. Capacity building in taxonomic groups requiring conservation and sustainable utilisation
10. Application of modern tools and techniques in taxonomy
11. Enhancing abilities for facing challenges of urbanisation, development, commercial needs, natural disasters, pollution and climate change
Who are eligible to apply?
Academic Institutions, Universities, National Institutes, recognized R&D Institutions, scientists, and technologists working in them (NGOs, voluntary bodies and private organizations including industry have to be registered as a research institution with the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research, Government of India). PI should have capacity to register 1 or 2 Ph.D. Scholar on taxonomy project as per the sanctioned strength, proven record as a taxonomist is desirable.
How to apply?
Proposal should be made in the prescribed application format given in the Guidelines of Support to Environmental Research, 2012. Proposals prepared by the Principal Investigator (PI) should be forwarded by the Head of Institution. If the project is a joint venture then it should be explicitly mentioned. The complete 'Guideline for Support to Environmental Research -2012' which inter-alia provides details on the scope and coverage of research grants, concept of public private partnership in R & D project, procedure for invitation, submission, appraisal, monitoring and review of research projects along with norms of funds, terms and conditions governing research grants and various prescribed proforma are available on the website of the Ministry at www.bsienvis.nic.in / https://bit.ly/2zyoAkM
| || |