The Maypole FundDeadline: 2023-01-31
Posted On: 2023-01-11 06:27:16 , By Admin
The Maypole Fund is a small, unincorporated grant-giving association that funds feminist activism against militarism and war. We have an international impact by financially supporting direct action, activism and projects which oppose the many forms of militarism and war in locally relevant and appropriate ways.
Do you have an imaginative, non-violent project on feminist anti-militarism? The Maypole Fund may be able to support your activism with a grant of up to British Pound 1000.
Several women of The Maypole Fund were involved in the Greenham Common Women’s Peace Camp, some join in activities of the Aldermaston Women’s Peace Camp, which protests against the development and production of nuclear weapons in the UK, some are members of Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom and involved in one its country sections, and yet others are active in Women in Black, a worldwide network of women committed to peace with justice and actively opposed to injustice, war, militarism and other forms of violence.
The money held by The Maypole Fund is donated by women for The Maypole Fund to use. This contrasts with the usual situation in which men own and control money. The Fund’s money is invested so as to produce an income each year to distribute as grants. It is invested ‘ethically’ according to principles avoiding companies involved in armaments, gambling, tobacco and environmentally damaging activities.
We fund imaginative, non-violent projects and activities which proactively challenge militarism in locally relevant and appropriate ways. Applicants can be individuals or feminist groups, and we welcome applications for projects and activities for any of the following:
- Feminist anti-militarism
- Feminist anti-war activism
- Action against the arms trade
- Action against nuclear weapons and weapons systems
- Action to support disarmament policies and processes
We do not fund:
- On-going running costs by groups, including recurring salaries or office rental
- Undergraduate or graduate studies
- Economic development or poverty reduction, such as investment in machinery or materials, or investment in private businesses
- Participation in conferences, study visits, etc by individuals from the Global North
To receive a grant, you must agree to the following conditions:
- You or your group/organisation must commit to using the grant exclusively for the project/activity applied for.
- You or your group’s/organisation’s activity has not started before the grant decision.
- To demonstrate the outcome of your project/activity, you must provide a report back within 6 months of the end of a project. Please say what you have done and how you have spent the grant.
- Acknowledge funding received from The Maypole Fund wherever possible, such as in project publications and on your website, or similar.
Get support to apply this project click on: Submit Form
You may like similar funds
The Beit Trust Grant
Who Are We? The Beit Trust is an independent charity. We support people and communities in Zambia, ...
The Joseph Rowntree Charitable Trust Fund
About The Joseph Rowntree Charitable Trust is a Quaker trust which supports people who address the ...