2022-03-21 10:43:22 , By Admin
Ministry of Tribal Affairs is implementing following schemes where the funds are released to the State Government based on the proposals received from the State Government.
- Pre Matric and Post Matric Scholarship Scheme.
- Grants Under Article 275(1) of the Constitution
- SCA to TSS which has been now revamped as Pradhan Mantri Adi Adarsh Gram Yojna
- Grants for Particularly Vulnerable Tribal Groups (PVTG).
- Support to TRIs.
The Pre and Post Matric schemes are demand based schemes and every ST student whose family income is upto Rs 2.5 lakhs is entitled to scholarship for pursuing education from class IX to Post Doctorate across India. The states send the proposal for the estimated expenditure during the financial year based on the expenditure incurred in previous years and advance upto 50% of Central share is released to the States. After the State has disbursed the scholarship to the students and has submitted UCs, the balance amount is released to State provided the State has contributed its share.
In respect of Grants under Article 275(1), SCA to TSS and PVTG scheme, the state is required to submit proposals duly approved by the State level executive committee (SLEC). The Proposals are examined by the Project Approval Committee under chairmanship of Secretary Tribal Affairs, which are then concurred by Finance division. Each state has been allocated share in these 3 schemes based on criteria of population of that state and geographical area. The funds are released to State after taking into account the unspent funds released in previous years, the status of utilization of funds and physical proposal report submitted on Adivasi Grant Management System (ADIGRAMS). The details of proposals received from these states and the projects approved can be viewed at the website of the Ministry (tribal.nic.in). The details of pending utilization certificates and the progress of the projects can be viewed at the dashboard developed by the Ministry (dashboard.tirbal.gov.in), in the module "State at a glance" , which is updated on the 1st day of every month.
- the scheme of Grants to TRIs, the funds are given to TRIs based on the proposals received from them for undertaking various activities like research projects, training, cultural exchange, organization of festivals, craft mela, painting and other competitions etc. The funds are also released to TRIs for upgradation /construction of TRI Building, museum and infrastructure like tribal monuments etc. The details of proposals received from these states and the projects approved can be viewed at the website of the Ministry (tribal.nic.in). The details of projects can be viewed at online portal developed by the Ministry namely tri.tribal.gov.in and adiprashikshan.tribal.gov.in.
State is required to send proposal afresh for each financial year. All proposals received from the States are either approved or rejected in the same financial year based on the availability of funds, the necessity of the project based on the gap analysis and performance of the State in similar projects sanctioned in previous years.
For the Finance Cycle 2021-26, many existing schemes have been merged, revamped and the scope has been widened. The 3 schemes meant for comprehensive development of tribals are as under.
- Pradhan Mantri Adi Adarsh Gram Yojna:
The scope of existing scheme of SCA to TSS has been broadened wherein comprehensive development of 36,428 villages will be undertaken in convergence with line Ministries to develop these villages as Adarsh Gram, under ‘Pradhan Mantri Aadi Adarsh Gram Yojana’. These villages have tribal population of more than 500 and 50% tribals. An amount of Rs. 1354 cr. has been allocated which will be utilized as a gap filling arrangement in addition to the STC component of Rs. 87,524 crores allocated to different Ministries for tribal welfare programmes relating to their respective schemes. For next five years an amount of Rs. 7276 cr. has been approved by the cabinet.
- Pradhan Mantri Janjatiya Vikas Mission:
The Mission seeks to achieve livelihood driven tribal development in the next five years through formation of Van Dhan groups who have been organized into Vandhan Kendras. The MFP gathered by tribals will be processed in these kendras and marketed through Van Dhan Producer Enterprises. New haats bazaar and ware houses will be developed in next 5 years as part of “Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhyan”. TRIFED would be the nodal agency for implementing the scheme. The products produced will be marketed through Tribe India Stores. An amount of Rs. 1612 cr has been earmarked under the Mission for next five years.
- Venture Capital Fund for STs:
An amount of Rs. 50 cr. has been sanctioned for the new scheme of ‘Venture Capital Fund for Scheduled Tribes’ (VCF-ST), which is aimed at promoting Entrepreneurship among the STs. The VCF-ST scheme would be a social sector initiative to promote ST entrepreneurship and to support and incubate the start-up ideas by ST youth. Read more: Click Here